Stephanie Butland – de Bono Master Facilitator and Trainer: Six Thinking Hats®, Lateral Thinking™ and Focus On Facilitation™
The business world moves quickly, and however much we plan, we can never be ready for everything.
Changes in legislation, budget cuts, new clients and moving deadlines – they all alter the landscape in which we operate. We need to react swiftly if we want to maintain our success, and keep our organisation healthy.
We need to come up with ideas, embrace and develop change strategies, and make plans on the hoof. And usually, our teams manage it – we might even come to enjoy it, or at least accept it as the norm.
Some questions to ask yourself:
- How confident can you really be that these time-pressed actions are the best choices?
- Has your team ever missed important information that’s had a major impact on a budget?
- Maybe there’s been a situation when everyone got carried away with one option before properly considering the others?
- Have you ever solved a problem – but been so focused on the here and now that a decision that feels right at the time has to be revisited within the month?
You might say, well, that’s the best that we can do at the time. And that may well be true – but what if there was a way to make ‘at the time’ thinking more effective?
Focus – ensure you get more value from intelligent minds, whatever the circumstances
With Dr Edward de Bono’s Focus on Facilitation™, you will:
- Be creative on demand.
- Consider benefits and risks in a thorough and systematic way.
- Identify missing information before making a decision.
- Take a measured and calm approach even in a crisis.
- Use a way of thinking that invites the best from everyone around the table.
Once you start using this suite of tools, designed to get more value from intelligent minds whatever the circumstances, you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it.
Find out more about Edward de Bono’s Focus on Facilitation™:
More about Stephanie Butland
Stephanie Butland specialises in creativity, thinking skills, team development and communication. Stephanie is a Master Trainer in Dr de Bono’s Six Thinking Hats®, Lateral Thinking™ and Focus On Facilitation™ techniques. She also delivers workshops in Think on Your Feet®, Writing Dynamics™ and The Skilled Presenter™ and is a Belbin accredited and CIPD qualified trainer.